Tuesday, June 10, 2014

THE NOMADIC LIFE


BUSES ARE A NOMADS BEST FRIEND OR AT LEAST MOST OF THE TIME!

Here's the thing. Many people of all ages and backgrounds have asked me and my husband what our lifestyle is all about. Having spent over seventeen years living what I like to call a "nomadic" lifestyle, it's a little hard to explain. One thing I definitely realize, however, is that our lifestyle is not for everyone. Little did we know what we were getting into when we moved to Mexico and or where the journey was going to take us. And just maybe that was part of the excitement and magic that has contributed to where we are today.

          

      Buses come in all sizes, colors, and conditions!


I have always been interested in other cultures and countries. And looking at a map is like reading an exciting book to me with all sorts of hidden agendas and possibilities. I believe my curiosity was a major contributing factor in how we have chosen to live. I love the adventure and challenge of exploring a new place and learning how to adjust and adapt to a new culture. This challenge makes me excited and keeps the juices flowing. I have the attitude of either love it or leave it. And that has served us well during our years of wandering and living not only in Mexico, but other Latin Countries as well.


Time to "get back on the bus"and continue the journey!


I do enjoy getting involved in a new community where ever we are living in order to make friends and feel a party of the community. It’s that contact, however brief it might be, that makes our lifestyle come alive and gives it substance and meaning. Every and each new location where we have lived has been unique and special for different reasons. And that is wonderful thing for a person with a nomadic or wandering spirit.



Culture shock! Is this bus gorgeous or what!



On a local "chicky" bus with a live chicken and Felipe:  from one extreme to another!


At some point however, my “itchy feet” syndrome seems to kick in and I want to get on the road to find the next challenge and next place. And, who knows? That next place might just be the perfect place to settle down and grow roots. I must say, however, that my wandering feet are slowing down a bit although I am not yet at that point of giving up my travelling shoes. So I now say to myself, time will tell or "que sera, sera" (what will be, will be).


Sometimes a bus is not available so you go with what is!


I very much look forward to sharing some of our special places and experiences with you in future postings. I will be sharing our experiences primarily through photographs since they bring the memories closest to my heart back the most vividly. Where ever our wandering lives take us there is no doubt that it has been an amazing journey. I look forward to sharing this journey with you through my blog, MEXICO AND BEYOND: LAURA'S PHOTO JOURNEY.




  When buses do not go where you want to go, you may just have to go with the flow! 


I remember hearing many, many years ago that a picture is worth a thousand words and I am a firm believer! The following link will take you to my album of some of the photographs I have taken and collected over the years in Mexico and Latin America. I offer these as a sample of what I will be sharing with you on future postings.   

I always look forward to hearing from my visitors.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any comments, suggestions, or questions. Until next time, saludos and gracias,  Laura

                                              Memories are just a click away!

No comments:

Post a Comment