Saturday, June 10, 2017

HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG BABY!




Can it really be the third birthday of my Blog?  I am feeling pretty stunned, but also very happy. What started out as an adventure at the suggestion of my husband has actually taken on a life of it's own.  The words I wrote on my blog's first birthday in 2015 I still find very appropriate:

"It comes as a real surprise to me that I published my first blog posting one year ago on June 10, 2014. When my husband suggested that I create a blog to share our nomadic life I had to pause to consider. The truth of the matter was that I had to educate myself as to exactly what was a blog. There definitely was much to learn and consider, but it was a challenge and exciting. And since I had a considerable amount of time on my "retired" hands, why not? This blog gig has grown on me and it has definitely become very much a labor of love. I enjoy the whole blog process from deciding the subject of my next posting, to working on the photographs to be shared in the posting, and to researching the information I want to share with my blog readers. I started this experience learning to crawl like an infant and now I feel like a soon-to-be toddler."

So here we are.  Another year of sharing our "nomadic," and now "settled," life and all of the wonderful memories and experiences.   I like to think I am progressing in this blogging experience and hopefully my posts are becoming more interesting, more entertaining, and more informative. Until our next birthday celebration, I thank you for joining me along this journey and I look forward to another year of MEXICO AND BEYOND: LAURA'S PHOTO JOURNEY.


THE FOLLOWING ARE MY PUBLISHED POSTS FOR THE THIRD (!) YEAR WITH LINKS FOR YOUR VIEWING EASE AND PLEASURE.  


PUERTO VALLARTA: FISH, FRIENDS, AND FUN



CHILE: PORT CITY OF VALPARAISO



GETTING AROUND IN LATIN AMERICA



A NON-BLOG POSTING FOR LOW SEASON



WHY WE CHOOSE TO LIVE IN MEXICO

                         
MEXICO STREET EATS



DAY OF THE DEAD CATRINAS 2016




REVOLUTION DAY IN MEXICO UPDATED 2016




PYRAMIDS, TEMPLES, AND CHURCHES




CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY GREETINGS 2016




COLOMBIA: LUSH AND LOVELY SALENTO






MEXICO CITY FOR FIRST TIMERS




MEXICO CITY FOR EATS AND LINKS




THE HUIPILS OF GUATEMALA AND MEXICO



A FASCINATION WITH PELICANS





CINCO DE MAYO IN MEXICO




THE MAYAN RUINS OF TIKAL, GUATEMALA





FRIDA KAHLO: A WOMAN AND HER ART

For those of you who missed the second birthday party for my Blog here is the link with all of the postings for the second year:

SECOND BLOG BIRTHDAY

Many, many thanks for joining me and until next time and a new year of blogging, wishing you happy adventures and safe travels! Laura



Hanging out in El Remate, Guatemala when visiting the Mayan ruins of Tikal. 
                                     A reminder:  A memory is only a click away!  















8 comments:

  1. Kudos to you -- great job!
    -Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias and it's great to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to "Mexico and Beyond". Keep up the fabulous work! Your blog is truly a wonderful and significant compendium to these fabulous people, sites and cultures.
    Erich and Cecilia



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas, muchas gracias for the kind and encouraging words!
      Saludos, Laura

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. My "blog baby" fills the void when I'm not in reach of Carlos y Tomas!

      Delete
  4. Felicitaciones por el tercer cumpleaños de su sitio web. Hemos aprendido mucho de sus ensayos y siempre disfrutar de las hermosas fotografías! ¡Que sigan disfrutando del viaje! -Guillermo del Pacifico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muchas gracias por los saludos de cumpleaños del blog y los mejores deseos. ¡Son apreciados ciertamente!

    ReplyDelete